Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Go Ahead, Tri Me

With my belay certification behind me (and future climbing ahead of me if my friends and colleagues have anything to say about it), I look to #3 on the list: the sprint triathlon at Lake Anna in Bumpass, VA...and yes, that is a real town. Even better it's a heated lake, or rather, a reservoir of water coolant for the North Anna Nuclear Generating Station. Intrigued? Don't you wanna go check it out...say October 3? While I pimp myself out for any support I can get that day, I have also found and tweaked an 8-week training program that will hopefully lessen my anxiety about the race from paralyzing terror to manageable nervousness. I have a week and a half to build up my swim to 30 min...that's my major weakness. Why didn't I just sign up for a duathlon? Meh.


(click on table to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! There's a run listed on Wednesday ... :) I can help you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the original schedule said "Run 20 min" every Weds but I bumped it up for the Logan Circle fun runs! :-)

    ReplyDelete