Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Break Up

June 22 & June 30, 2010

In one word: awful. Worst days of my life, second only to the days I found out about my 21 yr old cousin's tragic car accident and subsequent passing after a 5-month coma.

We had just gotten back from Hawaii only 2 weeks prior and had an amazing trip together. The end came suddenly and unexpectedly. No prolonging the agony, no phasing out of the relationship, no fake attempts at friendship. Just the end. It's hard to walk away when you both still love each other and ultimately wish it could work out in the end. So I got dumped. Or as my friend and colleague puts it, we had "differing opinions on the status of the relationship". That's a lot of fluff for 'I got dumped' but I'll take it. :-)

I look back on the relationship and appreciate it for all the great memories and experiences it provided me. Everyone's waiting for me to get to the angry, resentful phase but it's hard to find something to hate. Just frustrated at the situation and things I can't control. So I just appreciate it for what it was and accept it for what it wasn't...much like I did with him as a person. Now all I can do...is focus on me. Welcome to my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment